Respiratory Care & COVID-19
With more and more precautions being taken to stop the spread of COVID-19, hospitals need to have the proper equipment to take care of patients. Medical professionals and caregivers are working tirelessly to protect and serve their communities.
What is COVID-19?
It is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. This novel coronavirus was first identified and investigated in an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
What is the treatment?
- People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to recover at home.
- Monitor your symptoms and seek medical care if your illness worsens.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19 visit:
Why is there a higher need for respiratory care equipment?
- In severe cases, the virus can enter the lower respiratory tract and cause more problems to patients with illnesses such as bronchitis or pneumonia.
- Certain cases might require the use of a ventilator to help the patient breathe.
- For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill is low.
- The most at risk for these severe developments are those older than 60, people who have compromised immune systems, or have pre-existing pulmonary conditions.
Every person needs to do their part in slowing the spread of this virus. Taking measures such as staying home when you are sick, washing your hands often, and practicing social distancing can help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
As a part of the medical community, Med One's dedication to being a resource for hospitals and clinics by providing access to medical equipment has not changed.