What's Next in Healthcare?
By Ibby Smith Stofer
Good Morning America, we are going to have a new President. Here are a few questions many are now asking in the healthcare industry:
- What will a new President mean for our healthcare system?
- Will we really see the reversal of “Obamacare” and if so, what will that really mean?
- What is the fate of Medicare and Medicaid?
- What will the runaway costs of prescription drugs be among the first 100 days of his Presidency?
- Will he support repealing the Medical Device tax to incent manufacturers to return jobs to the USA?
- How will the insurance industry respond to the new leader's thoughts on a single payer approach?
- Will Big Pharma be able to stay the course with ever increasing profits at the expense of the captive consumer?
We like many others have many more questions than we do answers at this point and between now and January we hope to uncover the direction and tone President Trump will set not only for healthcare but for finance, taxes, social security to name a few.
Yes, like most past elections the questions are far more numerous than the plans. As we gain clarity we will share it with you and invite your comments and responses.